I thought i’d do a quick post on the main things i’ve learnt in 2016.
- It’s okay to not know what you’re doing with your life/career/education. I left school in 2016 and I knew uni wasn’t for me, but i also didn’t know what I was going to do instead of that. I panicked and had endless mini breakdowns over it, but slowley I’ve started to figure myself out, not fully, but I’m getting there!
- Who cares what people think! This year I really surrounded myself with people who don’t give a shit and that’s really helped me get the same mentality.
- Drunk messaging is NEVER a good idea. Really don’t need to say anything else about that..
- Sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to do to achieve your goals. At the moment I’m working full time in retail, at the start of 2017, I wouldn’t of been able to think of anything worse, but now, I’ve accepted and know the money I will get from it will help pay for exciting new adventures! 🌍
- Rejection is shit but it will all work out in the end! In 2017, I applied for 4 drama schools and got a rejection from all of them, it seemed like the end of the world and I cried a lot, but only a few months later I got accepted into a part time theatre school which has been one of the best things to come out of 2016!
I guess the main thing I learnt in 2016 is everything sorts itself out in the end. It was a crazy and tough but also so exciting year and I can’t wait to see what 2017 brings for me!
Happy New Year!